lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Mendler <jmend...@ucla.edu>
Subject Replication on Slave startup (Solr 1.4)
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:48:53 GMT
Hi all,

I am having an issue where Solr slaves do not pull replication data on
startup. Rather they wait until the amount of time of poll_interval, before
pulling the initial index. This is causing new and rebooted nodes to have a
stale index for polling_interval seconds, in addition to the amount of time
it takes to pull the data.

Is there some native setting to make slaves pull on startup? A hack could be
to add a curl *http://localhost:solr_port
/solr/replication?command=fetchindex* to my Solr startup script, but this
does not seem like a clean way to do it.

Furthermore, has anyone tried to 'warm' nodes after provisioning before
bringing them into a production read cluster? I would be curious what
procedure you are using to pull and warm the new index from the mastern
before exposing newly provisioned slaves to your production load balancer.

Thanks so much,
Jordan