lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Reuben Firmin <reub...@benetech.org>
Subject Guide to using SolrQuery object
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:27:50 GMT
Hi,

It seems that SolrQuery is a better API than the basic ModifiableSolrParams,
but I can't make it work.

Constructing params with:
final ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
params.set("q", queryString);

...results in a successful search.

Constructing SolrQuery with:
        final SolrQuery solrQuery = new SolrQuery();
        solrQuery.setQuery(queryString);

... doesn't (with the same unit test driving the search). I'm sure I'm
missing some basic option, but the javadoc is a little terse, and I don't
see what I'm missing. Ideas?

Also, are there enums or constants around the various param names that can
be passed in, or do people tend to define those themselves?

Thanks!
Reuben