lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Norberto Meijome <numard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:32:37 GMT
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:28:16 -0700
Francis Yakin <fyakin@liquid.com> wrote:

[...]>
> >upload the file to your SOLR server? Then the data file is local to your SOLR
> >server , you will bypass any WAN and firewall you may be having. (or some
> >variation of it, sql -> SOLR server as file, etc..)
>
> How we upload the file? Do we need to convert the data file to Lucene Index
> first? And Documentation how we do this?

pick your poison... rsync? ftp? scp ?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next."
   Matthew Arnold

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when wet. Reading disclaimers
makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You have been Warned.