lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Subject Re: Configure Collection Distribution in Solr 1.3
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:36:04 GMT
As some people have mentioned here on this mailing lists, the solr 1.3
distribution scripts (snappuller / shooter) etc do not work on windows.
Some have indicated that it might be possible to use cygwin but I have
doubts. So unfortunately, windows users suffers with regard to replication
(although I would reccommend everyone to use Unix for running servers;) )

That being said, you can use Solr 1.4 (one of the nightly builds) where
you get built-in replication that is easily configured through the solr
server configuration, and this works on Windows aswell!

So, if you don't have any real reason to not upgrade, I suggest that you
try out Solr 1.4 (which also gives lots of new features and major
improvements!)

Cheers,
  Aleksander