lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Nightly-Build NO wildcards?
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:11:04 GMT
What happens when you search for test* ?

Wildcard terms are not analyzed, and thus not lowercased, yet when you
indexed you likely lowercased all terms by way of the analyzer
configuration for the field you're querying.

One solution/workaround is simply to lowercase the entire query string
on the client side before sending to Solr.

	Erik