lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Mukerjee, Neiloy (Neil)" <neil.muker...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject Data Import Handler
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:22:20 GMT
After setting up a working Solr 1.3 example with a Tomcat 6 container, I have been trying to
figure out the Data Import Handler so I can work with a MySQL database. However, after following
the guidelines at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#head-b3518c890e46befa05c9242c8fc329517c1ea61b,
I end up with the following message displayed in my browser when I go to http://localhost:8080/solr/dataimport:

HTTP Status 404 - /solr/dataimport
type Status report
message /solr/dataimport
description The requested resource (/solr/dataimport) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

I have tried creating a dataimport directory in the hopes that /solr/dataimport would work
like /solr/admin, and I put the dataimport.jsp file into this directory, but I still receive
the same error message. When trying to go to http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/dataimport.jsp,
I see two frames, the left frame having what I think I am supposed to see in order to deliver
commands to the handler, and the right frame having the same error message as before.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Does anyone know of a clearer set of guidelines I might
be able to use? [Google hasn't pointed me to any as of yet.]