lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com>
Subject Slowness during submit the index
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:27:59 GMT

We are experiencing slowness during reloading/resubmitting index from Database to the master.

We have two environments:

QA and Prod.

The slowness is happened only in Production but not in QA.

It only takes one hours to reload 2.5Mil indexes compare 5-6 hours to load the same size of
index in Prod.

I checked both the config files in QA and Prod, they are all identical, except:

In QA:
<unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>
In Prod:
<unlockOnStartup>true</unlockOnStartup>

I believe that we use "http" protocol reload/submit the index from Database to Solr Master.
I did test copying big files thru network from database to the solr box, I don't see any issue.

We are running solr 1.2

Any inputs will be much appreciated.