lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Amit Nithian <anith...@gmail.com>
Subject Trie Patches- Backportable?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:34:03 GMT
Hi,
I am still using Solr 1.2 with the Lucene 2.2 that came with that version of
Solr. I am interested in taking advantage of the trie filtering to alleviate
some performance problems and was wondering how back-portable these patches
are?

I am also trying to understand how the Trie algorithm cuts down the number
of term queries compared to a normal range query. I was at the recent Bay
Area lucene/solr meetup where this was covered but missed some of the
details.

I know the ideal case is to upgrade to a newer Solr/Lucene but we are
resource constrained and can't devote the time right now to test and upgrade
our production systems to a newer Solr.

Thanks!
Amit