lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@corp.aol.com>
Subject Re: DataImportHandler configuration - externalizing environment-specific settings?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:49:34 GMT
There is no straight way but there is a way
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#head-c4003ab5af86a200b35cf6846a58913839a5a096

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Erik Hatcher
<erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> In an environment where there are developer machines, test, staging, and production servers
there is a need to externalize DIH configuration options like JDBC connections strings (at
least the database server name), username, password, and base paths for XML and plain text
files.

> How are folks handling this currently?  Didn't seem to be a way to use system properties
like we can in solrconfig/schema.xml files using ${sys.property[:defaultValue]} syntax.  Having
system properties be available in the variable resolver would be quite useful.  Is this already
there and I missed it?