lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@corp.aol.com>
Subject Re: Customizing results
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 07:35:25 GMT
On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Manepalli,
Kalyan<KALYAN.MANEPALLI@orbitz.com> wrote:
> Otis,
>        I like the idea of using the as field parameter. As per your earlier comments,
I implemented this by modifying the JsonResponseWriter by substituting the actual fieldname
by the alias passed as part of request Parameter.
The stored fields come into picture only in the response writer . So
that is the place where we can implement this
> I think the actual implementation would be at a much higher level than the response writer.
> Thanks,
> Kalyan Manepalli

then, but I can see how they could be handy for both searching and writing out the response.
 On the other hand, isn't this fairly easy to implement with a field2field mapping in the
search app itself?

>  Otis
> --

I receive from