lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: nested dismax queries
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:39:41 GMT
Ensdorf Ken schrieb:
>> Filter queries with arbitrary text values may swamp the cache in 1.3.
>
> Are you implying this won't happen in 1.4?

I intended to say just this, but I was on the wrong track.

> Can you point me to the feature that would mitigate this?

What I was thinking of is the following:

[#SOLR-475] multi-valued faceting via un-inverted field

But as you can see, this refers to faceting on multi-valued fields, not
to filter queries with arbitrary text. I was off on a tangent. Sorry.

To get back to your initial mail, I tend to think that drop-down boxes
(the values of which you control) are a nice match for the filter query,
whereas user-entered text is more likely to be a candidate for the main
query.

Michael Ludwig