lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FilterCache issue
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 02:32:24 GMT
Right, so if you are on 1.3 or early 1.4 dev, with so many uniques, you
should be using the FieldCache method of faceting. The RAM depends on
the number of documents and number of uniques terms mostly.

With 1.4 you may be using an UninvertedField though (are your facet
fields multivalued or tokenized?), and I know much less about that.

I'd try a cache size of 10,000 and see how it goes.

- Mark

Manepalli, Kalyan wrote:
> Got that, if its number of cache entries, definitely its very low. I have around 10,000
unique items to facet on. Does the RAM size depend on Document size.