lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: fq vs. q
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:05:37 GMT
Shalin Shekhar Mangar schrieb:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Michael Ludwig <mlu@as-guides.com>
> wrote:

>> I think if you truncate dates to incomplete dates, you effectively
>> also lose all the date logic. You may still apply it, but what would
>> you take the result to mean? You can't regain precision you've
>> decided to drop.
>
> Note that with Trie search coming in (see example schema.xml in the
> nightly builds), this rounding may not be necessary any more.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/schema.xml

Not sure I understand correctly, but this sounds as if given an
integer field and a @precisionStep of 3, the original value is stored
along with three copies that omit (1) the last bit, (2) the two last
bits, (3) the three last bits. So a given range query might be
optimized to an equality query. But I'm not sure I'm on the right
track here.

Michael Ludwig