lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From SergeyG <sgoldb...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Phrase query search returns no result
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:54:25 GMT

Yes, Erick, I did. Actually the course of events was as follows. I started
with the example config files (solrconfig.xml & schema.xml) and added my own
fields. In my search I have 2 clauses: for a phrase and for a set of
keywords. And from the very beginning it worked fine. Until on the second
day one phrase ("It was as long as a tree") gave me back the wrong response.
Trying to find the reason I started changing different parameters one by one
(field types - from text to string and back, copyfields, analyzers, etc.).
The result - I came to the situation when all the queries returned only
wrong responses. During my "research" I deleted all indexed xml files
several times what, in theory, should have cleaned up the index itself (as I
understand it). And then I decided to start all over again. The only two
differences from the very beginning was that I turned the StopWordsFilter
off (although I did it several times while playing with params; besides, the
phrase that initially caused troubles doesn't consists only of the stop
words) and also, I commented out copyField declarations for my own fields. 
I'm still wondering what happened.

Thank you,
Sergey


Erick Erickson wrote:
> 
> Did you by any chance change your schema? Rename a field? Change your
> analyzers? etc? between the time you originally
> generated your index and blowing it away?
> 
> I'm wondering if blowing away your index and regenerating just
> caused any changes in how you index/search to get picked
> up...
> 
> Best
> Erick
> 
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM, SergeyG <sgoldberg@mail.ru> wrote:
> 
>>
>> Hmmm... It looks a bit magic. After 3 days of experimenting with various
>> parameters and getting only wrong results, I deleted all the indexed data
>> and left the minimum set of parameters: qs=default (I omitted it),
>> StopWords=off (StopWordsFilter was commented out), no copyFields,
>> requestHandler=standard. And guess what - it started producing the
>> expected
>> results! :) So for me the question remains: what was the cause of all the
>> previous trouble?
>> Anyway, thanks for the discussion.
>>
>>
>> SergeyG wrote:
>> >
>> > Actually, "my phrase here"~0 (for an exact match) didn't work I tried,
>> > just for to experiment, to put "qs=100".
>> >
>> > Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> And "your phrase here"~100 works?
>> >>
>> >>  Otis
>> >> --
>> >> Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> ----- Original Message ----
>> >>> From: SergeyG <sgoldberg@mail.ru>
>> >>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>> >>> Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 11:17:23 AM
>> >>> Subject: Re: Phrase query search returns no result
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> Thanks, Otis.
>> >>>
>> >>> Checking for the stop words was the first thing I did after getting
>> the
>> >>> empty result. Not all of those words are in the stopwords.txt file.
>> Then
>> >>> just for experimenting purposes I commented out the StopWordsAnalyser
>> >>> during
>> >>> indexing and reindexed. But the phrase was not found again.
>> >>>
>> >>> Sergey
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Your stopwords were removed during indexing, so if all those terms
>> >>> were
>> >>> > stopwords, and they likely were, none of them exist in the index
>> now.
>> >>> You
>> >>> > can double-check that with Luke.  You need to remove stopwords
from
>> >>> the
>> >>> > index-time analyzer, too, and then reindex.
>> >>> >
>> >>> >  Otis
>> >>> > --
>> >>> > Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > ----- Original Message ----
>> >>> >> From: SergeyG
>> >>> >> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>> >>> >> Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:57:17 AM
>> >>> >> Subject: Phrase query search returns no result
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> Hi,
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> I'm trying to implement a full-text search but can't get the
right
>> >>> result
>> >>> >> with a Phrase query search. The field I search through was
indexed
>> as
>> >>> a
>> >>> >> "text" field. The phrase was "It was as long as a tree". During
>> both
>> >>> >> indexing and searching the StopWordsFiler was on. For a search
I
>> used
>> >>> >> these
>> >>> >> settings:
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>   dismax
>> >>> >>   explicit
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>       title author category content
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>       id,title,author,isbn,category,content,score
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>   100
>> >>> >>   content
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> But I the returned docs list was empty. Using Solr Admin console
>> for
>> >>> >> debugging showed that parsedquery=+() ().
>> >>> >> Switching the StopwordsFilter off during searching didn't help
>> >>> either.
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> Am I missing something?
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> Thanks,
>> >>> >> Sergey
>> >>> >> --
>> >>> >> View this message in context:
>> >>> >>
>> >>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/Phrase-query-search-returns-no-result-tp23833024p23833024.html
>> >>> >> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>>
>> >>> --
>> >>> View this message in context:
>> >>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/Phrase-query-search-returns-no-result-tp23833024p23834693.html
>> >>> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Phrase-query-search-returns-no-result-tp23833024p23839134.html
>> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Phrase-query-search-returns-no-result-tp23833024p23846362.html
Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message