lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Manepalli, Kalyan" <KALYAN.MANEPA...@orbitz.com>
Subject RE: FilterCache issue
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 02:00:02 GMT
Got that, if its number of cache entries, definitely its very low. I have around 10,000 unique
items to facet on. Does the RAM size depend on Document size.

Thanks,
Kalyan Manepalli
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Miller [mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:13 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: FilterCache issue

Its been a while since I've thought about this sort of thing, but it
looks like your cache is way too small and things get evicted before
being used. How many uniques are you faceting on? 512 is the number of
cache entries, not the size in kb/mb.

Try raising it - perhaps a lot ;) But consider that you have to have the
RAM to accommodate as well ...

What version of Solr are you using?

--
- Mark