lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Whitman <br...@echonest.com>
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 19:14:16 GMT
I can set the boost of a field or doc at index time using the boost attr in
the update message, e.g.
<field name="type" boost="2.0">pet</field>

But that won't work for multivalued fields according to the RelevancyFAQ

<field name="type" boost="2.0">pet</field>
<field name="type" boost="1.0">animal</field>

( I assume it applies the last boost parsed to all terms? )

Now, say I'd like to do index-time boosting of a multivalued field with each
value having a unique boost. I could simply index the field multiple times:

<field name="type">pet</field>
<field name="type">pet</field>
<field name="type">animal</field>

But is there a more exact way?