lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com>
Subject Java OutOfmemory error during autowarming
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 05:02:22 GMT
During auto-warming of solr search on QueryResultKey, Our Production solrslaves errors throw
OutOfMemory error and application need to be bounced.

Here is the error logs:

SEVERE: Error during auto-warming of key:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@9acd5d67<mailto:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@9acd5d67>:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
allocLargeObject
OrArray - Object size: 25291544, Num elements: 6322881
SEVERE: Error during auto-warming of key:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@84554284<mailto:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@84554284>:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
allocLargeObject
OrArray - Object size: 579368, Num elements: 144837
SEVERE: Error during auto-warming of key:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@8c1e63e4<mailto:org.apache.solr.search.QueryResultKey@8c1e63e4>:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
allocLargeObject
OrArray - Object size: 4280976, Num elements: 1070240

I read some suggestions from google that increasing the size of queryResultCache in the solrconfig.xml
file will help, here is the suggestion:

This is not directly related to the jvm heap size. During slave replication the current Searcher
is used as the source of auto-warming. When a new searcher is opened, its caches may be prepopulated
or "autowarmed" using data from caches in the old searcher. It sounds like caching configuration
problem to me as is evident from the error message "Error during auto-warming of key". I suggest
increasing the size of the query cache on one of the slave servers and monitor it over next
week or so and then incrementally roll this change to rest of the slave boxes. This is the
change that you need to make in solrconfig.xml

Right now this what I have:

      <queryResultCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="512"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="256"/>

Should I increase "size" to 1024 will help?

Any input?

Thanks

Francis