lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Custom Servlet Filter, Where to put filter-mappings
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 12:52:36 GMT
I like Grant's suggestion as the simplest solution.

As for XML merging and XSLT, I really wouldn't want to go that route
personally, but one solution that comes close to that is to template
web.xml with some substitution tags and use Ant's ability to replace
tokens.  So we could put in @FILTER@ and @FILTER_MAPPING@ placeholders
in web.xml and pull in the replacements from fragment files.  But even
with all of these fancy options available, I'd still just use the
alternate web.xml technique that Grant proposed.

	Erik

On May 13, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Jacob Singh wrote:

> HI Grant,
>
> That's not a bad idea... I could try that.  I was also looking at
> cactus:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/index.html
>
> It has an ant task to merge XML.  Could this be a contrib-crawl add-
> on?
>
> Alternately, do you know of any xslt templates built for this?  Could
> write one, but that's a fair bit of work to support everything.
> Perhaps an xslt task combined with a contrib-crawl would do the trick?
>
> Best,
> -J
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hmmm, maybe we need to think about someway to hook this into the
>> build
>> process or make it easier to just drop it into the conf or lib
>> dirs.  I'm no
>> web.xml expert, but I'm sure you're not the first one to want to do
>> this
>> kind of thing.
>>
>> The easiest way _might_ be to patch build.xml to take a property
>> for the
>> location of the web.xml, defaulting to the current Solr one.  Then,
>> people
>> who want to use their own version could just pass in -
>> Dweb.xml=<path to my
>> web.xml>.  The downside to this is that it may cause problems for
>> us devs
>> when users ask questions about strange behavior and it turns out
>> they have
>> mucked up the web.xml
>>
>> FYI: dist-war is in build.xml, not common-build.xml.
>>
>> -Grant
>>
>> On May 12, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Jacob Singh wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I just wrote a Servlet Filter to handle authentication for our
>>> service.  Here's what I did:
>>>
>>> 1. Created a dir in contrib
>>> 2. Put my project in there, I took the dataimporthandler build.xml