lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: unable to run the solr in tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 09:15:18 GMT
uday kumar maddigatla schrieb:

> The link which shows the things in Jetty. But i'm using Tomcat.
>
> If i run the command which is given in the link, it is tryinge to post
> the indexes at port number 8983. But in my case my tomcat is running
> on 8080.
>
> Where to change the port.

That's a basic Tomcat question. The answer is: In your Tomcat's
server.xml configuration file. Look here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/

Then, look for the "port" parameter here:

You could also change the port in the address bar of your browser.
Or even do a string replacement s/8983/8080/g on the Solr doc you're
viewing.

Michael Ludwig