lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ahammad <ahmed.ham...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about field types and querying
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 19:07:22 GMT

Hello,

I have a field type of "text" in my collection called "question".

When I query for the word "customer" for example in the "question" field (ie
q=question:customer), the first document with the highest score shows up,
but does not contain the word customer at all.

Instead, it contains the word "customize".

What would be a way around this? I tried changing the type to string instead
of text, but that I wouldn't get any results if I don't have the exact
statement in there...