lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From arno13 <arnaud.gaudi...@healthonnet.org>
Subject Is it possible to writing solr result on disk from the server side?
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 14:55:00 GMT

Do you know if it's possible to writing solr results directly on a hard disk
from server side and not to use an HTTP connection to transfer the results?

While the query time is very fast for solr, I want to do that, cause of the
time taken during the transfer of the results between the client and the
solr server when you have lot of 'rows'.
For instance for 10'000 rows, the query time could be 50 ms and 19s to get
the results from the server. As my client and server are on the same system,
I could get the results faster directly on the hard disk (or better in a ram
disk), is it possible configuring solr for that?

Regards,