lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: using multisearcher
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:42:37 GMT

: As for the second part, I was thinking of trying to replace the standard
: SolrIndexSearcher with one that employs a MultiSearcher.  But I'm not very
: familiar with the workings of Solr, especially with respect to the caching
: that goes on.  I thought that maybe people who are more familiar with it might
: have some tips on how to go about it.  Or perhaps there are reasons that make
: this a bad idea.

If your indexes are all local, then using a MultiReader would be simpler
trying to shoehorn MultiSearcher type logic into SolrIndexSearcher.

-Hoss