lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing fields of xml file using solrj
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:36:56 GMT
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Radha C. <cradha@ceiindia.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to index the document fields in a xml file to index using solrj. I
> know how to index the document fields using doc.addfield(). But I dont know
> how to post the xml document instead of adding each field in solrj.
>
> Can I index xml file using solrj? Can anyone help me in how to do this?

Solr will only accept xml files which are in the solr's update xml
format. You cannot post any arbitrary xml (you can convert using the
xslt). You can also parse it yourself and use solrj for adding the
document. There's DataImportHandler too which can parse XML using
xpath.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.