lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Wall <rew...@gmail.com>
Subject OR/NOT query syntax
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:56:36 GMT
I'm attempting to write a solr query that ensures that if one field has a
particular value that another field also have a particular value.   I've
arrived at this syntax, but it doesn't seem to work correctly.

((myField:superneat AND myOtherField:somethingElse) OR NOT myField:superneat)

either operand functions correctly on its own - but not when joined together
with the "or not" condition.  I don't understand why this syntax doesn't
work - can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Andrew Wall