lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <goodie...@gmail.com>
Subject solr and tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:46:31 GMT
Hi. I'm sorry if this is the second time this message comes through!

A few questions here...

Does anyone know how to set the user/group and/or permissions on the index
that solr creates? It's always the tomcat user. Is it possible to change
this in my context file? Help!

I'm deploying Solr via Tomcat and really thought I had this stuff down. But
it seems that with some recent system upgrades, my scheme is failing to set
the data dir correctly.

I'm deploying solr to tomcat, using a context file as described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat#head-024d7e11209030f1dbcac9974e55106abae837ac

But when I deploy, Tomcat says that it can't find a ./data/index directory
-- relative to the tomcat home directory. How can I set the data dir
relative to the solr home value I'm specifying in the tomcat context file?
Note: a hard-coded absolute path works, but I want to configure at
deployment time.

In the past, I tried setting the data dir in the same way the solr home is
set in the context file without luck. Does this now work in the latest solr
nightly?

Thanks,