lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: solr and tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:18:48 GMT
I see where your problems come in then. I'm not sure of the answer
though =\

We've not had issues running multiple tomcat instances per server. I
think at one point a few weeks ago we ran 6 instances per server, on
quad core Xeon servers with 16gb of ram. Our use case might be
different than yours though - each of these instances was basically
the same for us (getting around a lucene sync issue) and they were all
load balanced together so no single instance got more than a few
requests per second.

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com