lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Field Boosting with q.alt parameter Query
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:20:11 GMT

On Mar 3, 2009, at 3:35 AM, dabboo wrote:
> Is there any way, we can implement field boosting with q.alt parameter
> query. I would appreciate if somebody can suggest if there is any
> workaround
> for the same.

The question really is not about q.alt specifically, but about query
parsers.  With the caveats we've already noted about dismax (doesn't
support wildcards), you can do something like this:

   http://localhost:8983/solr/select?rows=0&debugQuery=true&defType=dismax&q.alt=

{!dismax%20qf=$qf}ipod&qf=name^5+features

The reason the embedded qf is needed is because the global params are
not visible to the local query parser specified, and an indirection is
needed because the desired qf has spaces in it.

	Erik