lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Best way to unit test solr integration
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:18:07 GMT
So in the "building block" story you talked about, that sounds like an
integration (functional?  user acceptance?) test..   And I would treat
Solr the same way you treat your database that you are storing model
objects in.

If in your tests you bring up a fresh version of the db, populate it
with tables etc, put in sample data, then you should do the same with
Solr.  My guess is that you have a "test" database running, and
therefore you need a live supported "test" Solr.  And the same
processes you use so that two functional tests don't step on each
others data in the database can be applied to Solr!

You can think of tweaking solr config changes as similar to tweaking
indexes in your db..  Both require Configuration Management to track
those changes, ensure they are deployed, and don't regress anything.

Let us know how you get on!

Eric