lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: solr and tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:31:05 GMT
It looks like if you set a -Dsolr.data.dir=foo then you could specify
where the index would be stored, yes?  Are you properly setting your
solr.home? I've never had to set the data directory specifically, Solr
has always put it under my home.

 From solrconfig.xml:
  <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>

Since Solr is running under tomcat, I'd assume that the index will
always appear to be owned by tomcat as well. I don't think there is
any way to have a different user for the written files - but someone
else might want to chime in before you believe me 100% on this one.

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
mruno@zappos.com - 702-943-7833