lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search the database tables using solr.
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:53:35 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Radha C. <cradha@ceiindia.com> wrote:

> I want to understand fully what is configured and how to configure , So I
> tried to index my local MySql DB directly with one simple table called
> persons in it.
> But I am getting lot of errors. the following are the steps I did,
> 1.   downloaded solr-2009-03-03.zip
> <http://people.apache.org/builds/lucene/solr/nightly/solr-2009-03-03.zip>
> distribution and extracted to d:/solrtemp/
> 2.   copied the example/solr to d:/solr ( this is my solr home ) for my
> application template.
> 3.   set this solr home insidecatalina-home/localconfig/solr.xml
> 4.   create the data-config under $solrhome/config
> here is my dataconfig file
> <dataConfig>
>    <dataSource driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test" user="xxx" password="xxxx" />
>    <document name="employees">
>            <entity name="persons" pk="personid" query="select * from
> persons" deltaQuery="select personID from persons where last_modified >
> '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'">
>    <field column="firstname"/>
>    <field column="lastName"/>
>    <field column="age"/>
>            </entity>
>    </document>
> </dataConfig>
>
>  I am not sure what needs to be done next. I am getting error when I start
> tomcat.

Just like you write DDL for databases, you need to define a schema in Solr
as well. The missing step is to change solr's schema.xml according to the
fields you want to index. Look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml for
details.

The errors are a way of warning you that there are certain required fields
in schema which are never filled by the configuration in the data-config.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.