lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Difference between q and q.alt parameter query
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:33:53 GMT

On Mar 2, 2009, at 6:34 AM, dabboo wrote:
> Can somebody please tell me as what is the actual difference between
> q.alt &
> q parameter queries.

The query parser used is the difference you're hitting.  q is parsed
by the setting of defType, whereas q.alt is parsed by default using
the "lucene" (Solr's subclass) query parser.

> I am trying to do the wildcard search with q query parameter, which is
> supported by q.alt parameter. Please let me know how it is treating
> the
> query with wildcard in case of q.alt parameter.

You can set defType=lucene to get the q parameter parsed using the
Solr subclass of Lucene's query parser, which supports wildcard queries.

	Erik