lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: datadir issue for multicore on latest trunk
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:56:32 GMT
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Walter Ferrara <waltersbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> using:
>  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
>    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" dataDir="/multicore/core0"/>
>    <core name="core1" instanceDir="core1" dataDir="/multicore/core1"/>
>  </cores>
> doesn't work either

dataDir="/multicore/core0" means the path is absolute.
where did it create?

>
> here the output:
>
> 2009-03-04 12:50:54.890::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via
> org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
> 2009-03-04 12:50:54.968::INFO:  jetty-6.1.3
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init
> INFO: SolrDispatchFilter.init()
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: JNDI not configured for solr (NoInitialContextEx)
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: using system property solr.solr.home: multicore
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer
> initialize
> INFO: looking for solr.xml:
> d:\DEV\apache-solr-2009-03-03_08-06-53\example\multicore\solr.xml
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader <init>
> INFO: Solr home set to 'multicore/'
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> createClassLoader
> INFO: Reusing parent classloader
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader <init>
> INFO: Solr home set to 'multicore\core0/'
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> createClassLoader
> INFO: Reusing parent classloader
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig <init>
> INFO: Loaded SolrConfig: solrconfig.xml
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: Reading Solr Schema
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: Schema name=example core zero
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created string: org.apache.solr.schema.StrField
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: default search field is name
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: query parser default operator is OR
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: unique key field: id
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore <init>
> INFO: [core0] Opening new SolrCore at multicore\core0/,
> dataDir=core0//multicore/core0/
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore <init>
> INFO: JMX monitoring not detected for core: core0
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore parseListener
> INFO: [core0] Searching for listeners: //listener[@event="firstSearcher"]
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore parseListener
> INFO: [core0] Searching for listeners: //listener[@event="newSearcher"]
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore initIndex
> AVVERTENZA: [core0] Solr index directory 'core0\multicore\core0\index'
> doesn't exist. Creating new index...
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter getDirectory
> AVVERTENZA: No lockType configured for core0//multicore/core0/index/
> assuming 'simple'
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created standard: org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created /update: org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created /admin/: org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher <init>
> INFO: Opening Searcher@1e57e8f main
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55
> org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2$CommitTracker <init>
> INFO: AutoCommit: disabled
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent@19a32e0
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent@8238f4
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent@16925b0
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent@297ffb
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.StatsComponent@914f6a
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding  debug
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@1f4cbee
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer register
> INFO: registering core: core0
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore registerSearcher
> INFO: [core0] Registered new searcher Searcher@1e57e8f main
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader <init>
> INFO: Solr home set to 'multicore\core1/'
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> createClassLoader
> INFO: Reusing parent classloader
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig <init>
> INFO: Loaded SolrConfig: solrconfig.xml
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: Reading Solr Schema
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: Schema name=example core one
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created string: org.apache.solr.schema.StrField
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: default search field is name
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: query parser default operator is OR
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema readSchema
> INFO: unique key field: id
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore <init>
> INFO: [core1] Opening new SolrCore at multicore\core1/, dataDir=core1/data\
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore <init>
> INFO: JMX monitoring not detected for core: core1
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore parseListener
> INFO: [core1] Searching for listeners: //listener[@event="firstSearcher"]
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore parseListener
> INFO: [core1] Searching for listeners: //listener[@event="newSearcher"]
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore initIndex
> AVVERTENZA: [core1] Solr index directory 'core1\data\index' doesn't exist.
> Creating new index...
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter getDirectory
> AVVERTENZA: No lockType configured for core1/data\index/ assuming 'simple'
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created standard: org.apache.solr.handler.StandardRequestHandler
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created /update: org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader load
> INFO: created /admin/: org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher <init>
> INFO: Opening Searcher@13785d3 main
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55
> org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2$CommitTracker <init>
> INFO: AutoCommit: disabled
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent@1e228bc
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent@e06940
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent@11e0c13
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent@1aae94f
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.StatsComponent@1bb5c09
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler inform
> INFO: Adding  debug
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@1976011
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer register
> INFO: registering core: core1
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore registerSearcher
> INFO: [core1] Registered new searcher Searcher@13785d3 main
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init
> INFO: user.dir=d:\DEV\apache-solr-2009-03-03_08-06-53\example
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init
> INFO: SolrDispatchFilter.init() done
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet init
> INFO: SolrServlet.init()
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: JNDI not configured for solr (NoInitialContextEx)
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: using system property solr.solr.home: multicore
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet init
> INFO: SolrServlet.init() done
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: JNDI not configured for solr (NoInitialContextEx)
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader
> locateInstanceDir
> INFO: using system property solr.solr.home: multicore
> 4-mar-2009 12.50.55 org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrUpdateServlet init
> INFO: SolrUpdateServlet.init() done
> 2009-03-04 12:50:55.687::INFO:  Started SocketConnector @ 0.0.0.0:8983
> 2009-03-04 12:51:05.953::INFO:  Shutdown hook executing
> 2009-03-04 12:51:05.984::INFO:  Shutdown hook complete
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
<
> noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >        <property name="dataDir" value="/multicore/core0" />
>> is not honored automatically. the <dataDir> tag has to be present in
>> solrconfig.xml and it should use this value.
>>
>> but you can specify it as follows
>>    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" dataDir="/multicore/core0"/>
>>
>> then it should be fine.
>>
>> can you just paste the log messages as  solr starts
>> --Noble
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Walter Ferrara <waltersbox@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > it also ignore dataDir directive in solr.xml, in fact adding:
>> >    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" >
>> >        <property name="dataDir" value="/multicore/core0" />
>> >    </core>
>> > doesn't change the behavior.
>> >
>> > this seems a bug introduced somewhere after 2nd february
>> > any clue?
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Walter Ferrara <waltersbox@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >> there is a strange behavior which seems to affect hudson today (March
>> 3rd)
>> >> build but not (for example) hudson February 2th build.
>> >> Basically when I start the multicore enviroment, it just create datadir
>> in
>> >> the current path.
>> >> To replicate:
>> >> 1. download latest trunk
>> >> 2. go to example directory
>> >>
>> >> $ ls
>> >> README.txt  example-DIH      exampledocs  logs       solr    
 start.jar
>> >> work
>> >> etc         exampleAnalysis  lib          multicore  start.bat
 webapps
>> >>
>> >> $ java -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
>> >> (then kill/sleep the process)
>> >>
>> >> $ ls
>> >> README.txt  etc              exampledocs  multicore  start.jar
>> >> core0       example-DIH      lib          solr      webapps
>> >> core1       exampleAnalysis  logs         start.bat  work
>> >>
>> >> you see core0 and core1 directory where they should not be :-);
>> solr-1041
>> >> doesn't fix in this case.
>> >>
>> >> ciao,
>> >> Walter
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> --Noble Paul
>>
>



-- 
--Noble Paul

Mime
View raw message