lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vernon Chapman <chapman.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Phrases in Synonyms.txt
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:15:54 GMT
I have a thesaurus that I would like to dump into the synonyms.txt In my
thesaurus I have a term swine that
has a property called use_for which in my case is essentially a synonym.

The json representation of the term swine from my solr based thesaurus is:

{
	 "term":"swine",
	 "usefor":[
	  "hogs",
	  "pigs",
	  "porcine",
	  "Sus scrofa domestica"]
}

In an effort to expand my users results, I would like to use the terms
in the "usefor" property as synonyms in the synonyms.txt file.
As far as I can tell this would work fine  in synonyms.txt

swine => hogs,pigs,porcine

The question is how would/could I add the final option "Sus scrofa
domestica" to the list of synonyms for swine
would any of these work or am I totally off base here?

1) swine => hogs,pigs,porcine,"Sus scrofa domestica"
2) swine => hogs,pigs,porcine,"Sus\ scrofa\ domestica"

Thanks in advance