lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Venu Mittal <metale...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SOLR newbie question: How to filter the results based on my Unique Key
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 02:03:19 GMT
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the info.

I took the latest patch (collapsing-patch-to-1.3.0-dieter.patch) and applied it on the source
code. Then I took the newly created jar added it to SOLR war. But SOLR is still ignoring the
new config. I am still getting 2 records in my resultset. Is there something that I am missing
here ?

TIA.

________________________________
From: Stephen Weiss <sweiss@stylesight.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:50:26 PM
Subject: Re: SOLR newbie question: How to filter the results based on my Unique Key

There's an experimental patch for this I've had pretty good success with:

If you don't particularly need faceting support to work 100% it's already pretty perfect.
 Officially I guess they want it to make it in for version 1.5??  But in the meantime it's
pretty easy to implement and stable, just make sure you use the latest patch.

--
Steve

On Feb 28, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Venu Mittal wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Is it possible to filter out the duplicate results using a particular field in the document.
> e.g.
>
> <doc>
> <field name="cust_id>123</field>
> <field name="unique_id>1</field>
> <field name="email>a@b.com</field>
> </doc>
> <doc>
> <field name="cust_id>123</field>
> <field name="unique_id>2</field>
> <field name="email>a@b.com</field>
> </doc>
>
> Now if I search for email = a@b.com I get 2 search results but I want to send just one
record cause my cust_id is same. Is it possible or do I need to handle it in the calling application.