lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: sorl-ruby facet.method
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:19:08 GMT
First, note we have a ruby-dev@lucene.apache.org list which focuses
primarily on the solr-ruby library, flare, and other Ruby specific
things.  But this forum is as good as any, though I'm CC'ing ruby-dev
too.

On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Ian Connor wrote:
> Is there a way to specify the facet.method using solr-ruby. I tried
> to add
> it like this:
>
>      hash["facet.method"] = @params[:facets][:method] if
> @params[:facets][:method]

That's a reasonable addition, however we're about to do a refactoring
of solr-ruby to bring in the great contributions Matt Mitchell has
been doing with his RSolr project.  We're going to strip away all the
parameter mangling/mapping and just simply pass through parameters to
Solr (and leave clever mapping of things like :query -> &q= to folks
that want to add that construct to their own applications).

> to line 78 of standard.rb and it works when you add it to the facets
> Hash.
> However, if there is another place that I could set that would be
> great.

One option is to provide your own request/response classes,
subclassing Solr::Request(and Response)::Standard if you want to just
hack this for now.

> I am also happy to submit a patch on a ticket if that works.

The above being said, I'd gladly commit your patch right away.  Submit
it via JIRA and consider it done.   We'll do one final release (0.9?)
of the current solr-ruby library before we gut it and simplify it (and
do our best to provide backwards compatibility to the 0.x versions)
for a 1.0 version.

	Erik