lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jon Drukman <jdruk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:09:00 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> That should be fine (but apparently isn't), as long as you don't have some very slow
machine or if your caches are are large and configured to copy a lot of data on commit.

this is becoming more and more problematic.  we have periods where we
get 10 of these exceptions in a 4 second period.  how do i diagnose what
the cause is, or alternatively work around it?

when you say "copy" are you talking about copyFields or something else?

we commit on every update, but each update is very small... just a few
hundred bytes on average.