lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Huizingh" <jhuizi...@nfusion.com>
Subject Long query causes problems
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:59:54 GMT
I am using the solr search server for a project that I am working on.  I
am making pretty heavy use of facets, so the query string is already
pretty long but it does work.

I am working on a new feature that requires a lot of 'OR's and 'AND's in
the query, which makes the query string a lot longer.  When this
happens, the solr search stops working.  As I tail the solr log, the
query doesn't even show up in the log and there is no exception message
either.  It just seems to have no response at all.

I'm wondering if there is setting for the maximum length of a query
string in the solr config?  Is this something that I can change?

Does anybody have any other thoughts of why it would be failing without
any error message?

Thanks,

Jonathan Huizingh
Pronunciation: HI-zing