lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: uploading binary file or rich document through SOLRJ
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:44:23 GMT
It actually is possible now to make that sort of request now... note
that he's not actually posting file content in the request, but using
a simple HTTP get parameter stream.file.  Using the SolrJ library, you
can simply use the add/set methods on SolrQuery.

But yes, it would be great for SolrJ to support posting arbitrary
streams.

Erwin, the rich content update handler patch that you are apparently
using has been refactored and built into Solr's trunk now (nicknamed
Solr Cell, aka ExtractingRequestHandler).   You'll be better off using
the new stuff.

	Erik