lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Sorting Algorithm
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:48:10 GMT
It would not be simple to use a new algorithm. The current
implementation takes place at the Lucene level and uses a priority
queue. When you ask for the top n results, a priority queue of size n is
filled with all of the matching documents. The ordering in the priority
queue is the sort. The on Sort method orders by relevance score - the
Sort method orders by field, relevance, or doc id.

- Mark