lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jon Drukman <jdruk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I get SEVERE: Lock obtain timed out
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:16:35 GMT
Julian Davchev wrote:
> Hi,
> Any documents or something I can read on how locks work and how I can
> controll it. When do they occur etc.
> Cause only way I got out of this mess was restarting tomcat
>
> SEVERE: org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain
> timed out: SingleInstanceLock: write.lock
>

> Cheers,

Julian, have you had any luck figuring this out?  My production instance
just started having this problem.  It seems to crop up after solr's been
running for several hours.  Our usage is very light (maybe one query
every few seconds).  I saw someone else mention an out of memory error -
this machine has 8GB of RAM and is running 64bit Linux so it's all
available to solr.  Our index is very small - under 40MB.  the solr
process is using around 615MB of RAM according to top.