lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Adams" <jasolru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: date range query performance
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 02:17:12 GMT
Can someone explain what this means to me?

I'm having a similar performance issue - it's an index with only 1 million
records or so, but when trying to search on a date range it takes 30
seconds!  Yes, this date is one with hours, minutes, seconds in them -- do I
need to create an additional field without the time component and reindex
all my documents so I can get decent search performance?  Or can I tell Solr
"Please ignore the time and do something in a reasonable timeframe" (GRIN)

Thanks.