lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: delta index produces multiple results?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:32:05 GMT

: Full index is working fine, in schema.xml I implemented a uniqueKey field
: (which is of the type 'text').

using "text" as the fieldtype for a uniqueKey is almost never a good idea.
it could easily explain the behavior you are seeing.

DataImportHandler (and all of hte update handlers) relies on the
underlying UpdateProcessor to delete docs with identical uniqueKeys when
you "update" an existing document ... if the uniqueKey field has an
analyzer that produces multiple tokens (TextField frequently does) then
the behavior becomes undefined.

stick something like StrField, or IntField for your uniqueKeyField ... or
if you must use TextField make sure you are using the KeywordTokenizer.

if changing this still causes problems, then we'll need to see your
schema.xml your data-config.xml, and the output of doing a search
where you get some duplicaitons like this to help figure out what else
might be going wrong.

-Hoss