lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Full reindex needed if termVectors added to fields in schema?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2009 04:11:47 GMT

: So, my question is whether adding termVectors="true" to a couple of schema
: fields will work similarly to adding new fields, where the updated documents
: will get the vectors added and the others won't get them but will continue
: to work, allowing me to rebuild "in the background" while not breaking
: anything in my existing incremental update/release cycle.

I beielve it should work ... if the document you are generating a MLT
query for was indexed before the termVectors="true" option was added, the
MLT class should use it's fallback behavior of reanalizing the sored text
... if it was reindexed after that, then the termVectors will be used ...
i think.

-Hoss