lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Gaze and Multicore?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:49:21 GMT
Jacob Singh wrote:
> This is really cool! I've also been working pretty hard at an
> automated benchmark suite using jmeter, rightscale and amazon web
> services.  Next time I'm in Boston (March I think), it would be great
> to show you.

That sounds excellent! One problem with Solr's efficiency is that its
hard to put a meaningful query load on a solr server with only a
processor core or two and a single connection. Thats not even getting
into a distributed setup. An auto scaling, ec2, jmeter benchmark tool
would be extremely useful for people that expect a lot of traffic. Thats
a great idea!

- Mark