lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cannot allocate memory for snapshooter
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 02:47:44 GMT
Hey Brian, I didn't catch what OS you are using on EC2 by the way. I
thought most UNIX OS's were using memory overcommit - A quick search
brings up Linux, AIX, and HP-UX, and maybe even OSX?

What are you running over there? EC2, so Linux I assume?

Yonik: I take it, now that Linux uses copy on write, they stopped with
the memory overcommit? Or perhaps Brian is not on Linux...

I love Unix stuff :) So much Java and Windows in my past, I still find
this info really cool. Windows command line was never so interesting.

- Mark