lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jaco <jdevr...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Replication: disk space consumed on slave much higher than on master
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:45:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Solr nightly build of 20.12.2008, with patch as discussed on
http://markmail.org/message/yq2ram4f3jblermd, using Solr replication.

On various systems running, I see that the disk space consumed on the slave
is much higher than on the master. One example:
- Master: 30 GB in 138 files
- Slave: 152 GB in 3,941 files

Can anybody tell me what to do to prevent this from happening, and how to
clean up the slave? Also, there are quite some empty index.xxxxxxx
directories sitting in the slaves data dir. Can these be safely removed?

Thanks a lot in advance, bye,

Jaco.