lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: Question about rating documents
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:51:28 GMT
You could use a boost function to gently boost up items which were
marked as more popular.

You would send the function query in the "bf" parameter with your
query, and you can find out more about syntax here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com