lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ferguson <mark.a.fergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting dataDir in multicore environment
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:49:51 GMT
Hi,

In my solr.xml file, I am trying to set the dataDir property the way it is
described in the CoreAdmin page on the wiki:

<core name='p11' instanceDir='./'>
  <property name="dataDir" value="./data/p11" />
</core>

However, the property is being completed ignored. It is using whatever I
have set in the solrconfig.xml file (or ./data, the default value, if I set
nothing in that file). Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am trying this
approach to avoid using ${solr.core.name} in the solrconfig.xml file, since
dynamic properties are broken for creating cores via the REST api.

Mark