lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Ferguson <mark.a.fergu...@gmail.com>
Subject solr.core.name property not available on core creation
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:29:19 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to set up a multi-core environment in which I share a single
conf folder. I am following the instructions described in this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg16954.html

In solrconfig.xml, I am setting dataDir to /srv/solr/cores/data/${
solr.core.name}.

It works well when using existing cores, but when I try to create a core
dynamically via the core admin web interface, it gives me an error message:

HTTP Status 500 - No system property or default value specified for
solr.core.name

To create the core I am entering the following url:
http://localhost:8080/solrcore/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=p5&instanceDir=
.

Any suggestions?

Mark