lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From wojtekpia <wojte...@hotmail.com>
Subject Snapinstaller vs Solr Restart
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:46:13 GMT

I'm running load tests against my Solr instance. I find that it typically
takes ~10 minutes for my Solr setup to "warm-up" while I throw my test
queries at it. Also, I have the same two warm-up queries specified for the
firstSearcher and newSearcher event listeners.

I'm now benchmarking the affect of updating an index under load. I'm finding
that after running snapinstaller, Solr takes ~1 hour to get back to the same
performance numbers I was getting 10 minutes after a restart. If I can
justify being offline for a few moments, it seems like I'll be better off
restarting Solr rather than running Snapinstaller.

Any ideas why?

Thanks.